- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: QNC 3314
- Office Phone: 519-888-4567 ext. 38228
- Admin Support: Jisu Kwon
William Slofstra received his PhD in Mathematics from the University of California, Berkeley in 2011. After spending part of 2012 at the University of British Columbia as a Research Associate, Slofstra returned to California as the Krener Assistant Professor at the University of California, Davis.
His research interests have focused on algebra, specifically in Lie theory/representation theory, Schubert calculus and connected areas, as well as non-local games.
He moved to the University of Waterloo in August 2015 as a Research Assistant Professor at the Institute for Quantum Computing (IQC).
- Lie theory and algebraic combinatorics
- Representation theory in quantum information
- Non-local games
- Geometry of entanglement
- PhD, Mathematics., University of California, Berkeley, 2011
- BMath, Pure Mathematics and Combinatorics and Optimization, University of Waterloo, 2006
Awards & Honours
- NSERC Postgraduate Scholarships, 2006-2010
|Assistant Professor||Institute for Quantum Computing and Department of Pure Mathematics, University of Waterloo||2017-Present|
|Research Assistant Professor||Institute for Quantum Computing, University of Waterloo||2015-2017|
|Krener Assistant Professor||Department of Mathematics, University of California, Davis||2012-2015|