- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office: QNC B208
- Office Phone: 519-888-4567 ext. 37980
As the Nanofabrication and Characterization Scientist, Sandra is responsible for providing technical support for the various characterization tools available in the Quantum NanoFab.
Her responsibilities include:
- Lab member training and qualification on characterization tools
- Tool troubleshooting and maintenance
- Providing sample- and instrument-specific guidance to users
She is available to assist users in producing high quality images, obtaining spectroscopic data and accessing advanced instrument features.
Sandra joined the Quantum NanoFab in June 2018. She obtained her PhD degree in Engineering Physics at McMaster University in 2015 and then went on to complete an appointment as a Postdoctoral Fellow in Michael Reimer’s group in IQC. Her research focused on III-V nanowire-based devices and involved a broad range of fabrication and characterization techniques, including molecular beam epitaxy, transmission electron microscopy and cathodoluminescence spectroscopy.