- Email: email@example.com
- Office: QNC 1204
- Office Phone: 519-888-4567 ext. 38931
John is the Scientific Outreach Manager at the Institute for Quantum Computing (IQC). John’s roles and responsibilities include:
- The Undergraduate School for Experimental Quantum Information Processing (USEQIP) and Quantum Cryptography School for Young Students (QCSYS)
- Undergraduate Research Opportunity program
- Group tours of IQC
- Strategic and scientific communications
- Educational outreach
- Support with government and industry outreach
- Scientific demonstrations
John’s main role is to take quantum information science out of the lab and off the whiteboard and bring it to audiences of all sizes and types, including:
- The general public through lectures about quantum information science and engineering, the importance of curiosity driven research, and the history of quantum mechanics.
- High school students through lectures and workshops on quantum information, quantum cryptography, and various quantum phenomena.
- University students through technical lectures on quantum computing, photonics, and various other topics.
John obtained his PhD in Physics and Quantum Information from the University of Waterloo in 2016, specializing in quantum nonlinear optics, followed by postdoctoral research at Paderborn University in Germany. Before that, he studied for his BSc in Physics at the University of Windsor.