- Email: email@example.com
- Office: QNC 4122
- Office Phone: 519-888-4567 ext. 30228
Christine Muschik joined the Institute for Quantum Computing November 1, 2017 as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Physics and Astronomy.
In Munich, Germany, Muschik studied physics at the Ludwig-Maximillians-Universität. She completed her dissertation, “Quantum information processing with atoms and photons”, at the Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics under the supervision of J. Ignacio Cirac.
Her theoretical research in quantum optics earned her the Alexander von Humboldt postdoctoral fellowship at ICFO – The Institute of Photonic Sciences in Castelldefels, Barcelona. At ICFO, Christine was part of Maciej Lewenstein’s quantum optics theory group.
Muschik continued her postdoctoral research at IQOQI – Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information in Innsbruck, Austria, with Peter Zoller. She joins the University of Waterloo from the Institute of Theoretical Physics, University of Innsbruck where she was a University Assistant.
- Quantum networks
- Quantum sensing
- Quantum simulations
- High-energy physics simulation with quantum computers
- Real-time dynamics of lattice gauge theories with a few-qubit quantum computer Nature 534, 516-519 (2016)
- See also Quantum computer makes first high-energy physics simulation
- Autonomous Quantum Error Correction and Application to Quantum Sensing with Trapped Ions, to appear in Nature Communications
- See also Deterministic quantum teleportation between distant atomic objects, Nature Physics 9, 400 (2013)
- PhD in Physics, Ludwig-Maximillians-Universität, 2006-2011
- Master’s in Physics, Minor in Mathematics, Ludwig-Maximillians-Universität, 2004
- Bachelor’s in Physics, Minor in Computer Science, Ludwig-Maximillians-Universität, 2001
Awards & honours
- Award of the city of Innsbruck for scientific research (2016)
- Feodor Lynen research fellowship for postdoctoral researchers by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation (2011-2013)
- Scholarship by the International PhD program of excellence: Quantum Computing, Control and Communication supported by the ENB (Elite Network of Bavaria) (2006-2010)
|Assistant Professor||Institute for Quantum Computing and Department of Physics and Astronomy, University of Waterloo||2017- Present|
|University assistant||Institute of Theoretical Physics, University of Innsbruck, Austria||October 2016-2017|
|Postdoctoral position||Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information (IQOQI), Austrian Academy of Sciences, Innsbruck||2014-2016|
|Postdoctoral position||ICFO – The Institute of Photonic Sciences, Castelldefels, Barcelona||2013-2014|
|Alexander von Humboldt Postdoctoral Fellow||ICFO – The Institute of Photonic Sciences, Castelldefels, Barcelona||2011-2013|